Smashbox Studio Skin

3 Jan

As a makeup artist, I’m always in search of a great long wear foundation that photographs beautifully. I’m pleased to say that I’ve finally found one that I LOVE! Smashbox has come out with a 15 hour long wear foundation and I’m addicted to it. I use it daily and I have been using it for my brides & photo shoots. I have oily skin and I always find that after about 8-10 hours my foundation has shifted around due to my oils. Some foundations get streaky; other foundations break down and separate, clumping up in my oily areas. Studio Skin does not budge! I put it on in the morning and it still looks the same when I wash my face before I go to bed. It’s a little thicker then other foundations I’ve worked it, which just means you have to work quickly when blending it into the skin. It covers blemishes well and evens out skin tone. If you’re in the market for a full coverage foundation that literally lasts all day, you’ve got to try this one! If you’re a makeup artist it’s a must for your kit! My clients all say they love it. Give it a go!

20120102-233520.jpg

About these ads

6 Responses to “Smashbox Studio Skin”

1. Cristhi May 17, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

I love your blog! When picking out the colors for these foundations for a kit which shades did you go with?

• Makeup by Sharona May 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

Thank you hun! When I first started collecting for my kit, I made sure I had a super light shade, a super dark shade, a medium shade with a yellow tone, and a medium shade with a pinkish tone and then I would mix to customize colors for my clients. As my business expanded, I added the colors in between. I also made sure to cover all bases regarding skin types (oily, dry, young, old/more wrinkles, etc).

2. Mrs S July 17, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Hello! I recently came across your blog and find it very inspiring! I’m from the uk and am looking for an amazing foundation I can get here to give me glowy, dewy, polished skin which looks good in person and photographs well. Can you suggest anything? Whenever I get my make up done at mac they apply studio sculpt which gives me the look I’m after but I cant ever recreate this at home. Please help!

• Makeup by Sharona July 19, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Hi there! Have you ever tried Make Up For Ever HD foundation? I really like the finish on this foundation. Also, Mac has a product called Fix+ that’s really great to spray on after you do your makeup (and throughout the day) to appear dewy. Another recommendation I have is to get a good highlighter (powder if you’re oily, cream if you’re dry). The light shimmer in a highlighter will give you that dewy effect when placed on the height of your cheekbones.

3. Jayla D July 21, 2012 at 9:39 am #

Hi, can yOu post on how to start a kit for beginners. I just finished beauty school and I don’t know where to start!

• Makeup by Sharona July 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Hi there! Congrats! A good way to start your kit is to start with skin prep products. Embryolisse Lait Cream is a great moisturizer & primer in 1 for dry to combo skin…Embryolisse Emulsion Hydra-Mat is a great moisturizer for oily skin. Smashbox has a great primer for oily skin: Photo Finish Primer Light. For foundations you can start with a really light color, a really dark color, and 2 medium tones (1 that has pink undertones and one that has yellow undertones). You can mix to customize colors for your clients until you’re ready to buy more shades. I really like Make Up For Ever HD foundation for dry to regular skin and Smashbox Studio Skin for oily skin. You can get samples at Sephora until you find which foundations you love and want to carry. I also really like Make Up For Ever Lift Concealers for under the eyes. For powders I recommend Mac Mineralize Skinfinish powders is Medium Plus, Medium Dark, & Medium Deep…you can pretty much cover most people with those shades and try add a layer of coverage. For setting everything I like Make Up For Ever Microfinish HD powder, just go light with this otherwise you’ll whiten the face. You can also set the under eye concealer with this. Make Up For Ever also has a great setting spray to spray all over the face after you’re done with the makeup, it’s called Mist & Fix. These are key items for your kit. You can always add eye shadows, blushes, eye liners as you go. You can order a brush belt from elf cosmetics for $15 & grab some Mac & Real Techniques brushes to fill it with. I hope this helps!